Wednesday 4 April 2007

Good news about the lens


I'm very pleased that we've been able to make real connections between the Victorian pioneer photographers and our own work at the Parsonage. The blue prints look even better now I have dried them. By taking pictures with pinhole cameras we've found out that a photographic image depends at least as much on chemistry as on lenses. And we've proved to Andrew that light travels in straight lines.

What's going to happen next week? Mysterious and exciting things I hope. After everyone had gone on Wednesday I heard that the lens is finally finished, and will be sent to the Parsonage tomorrow Thursday. So I should be able to look at it over Easter and introduce it to you next week. Here is a picture of one of the lens elements being polished in London last week.

Good to be working with you all,
Simon

No comments: